[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fractions in bookshare files for Braille readers

  • From: "Maureen Pranghofer" <maureensmusic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:57:54 -0500

Hi Mayrie
I have a question, since it is clear that when listening to books when there is a space between the whole and mixed number it sometimes still says it wrong. In Braille, as you pointed out, there is a hyphon, how many people using Bookshare are seeing what is actual in print? I would think not that many but I may be very wrong, perhaps there are people who enlarge text or something. In either case wouldn't it make the most sense to use the hyphon, then, even though it doesn't follow what is in print?
Thanks
Maureen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>