[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fractions in bookshare files for Braille readers

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 06:12:36 -0700

Hi Barbara,

Yes, this appears to be what translates properly to me.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
readers
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 1:04 AM

What if the fraction was a cup and a half of another how would that be
written again? Just my curiosity!
--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
Passion x Patience x Persistence x Perseverance x Diligence x Integrity =
Success, for both the trainer and the trainee.
Chela Robles
AIM and E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc1803.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Skype: jazzytrumpet
<http://us.mc1803.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile
<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=690550695> &id=690550695
Cell: 1-925-250-5955
I Volunteer for a non-profit organization called Bookshare, to find out more
go to: http://www.bookshare.org <http://www.bookshare.org/>

From: Mayrie ReNae
<http://us.mc1803.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc1803.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bksvol-discuss-bounce@freelis
ts.org>  [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pamela
Hoffard
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:13 PM
To: book list
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Fractions in bookshare files for Braille readers

Hey all,

I'm coming across a bunch of fractions for recipes in the book that I'm
proofing.  For Braille readers, is the 1 / 2 format better than the symbol 1
over 2 in one individual space (sorry I can't make this symbol in e-mail).
Any preference?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Pam