[bksvol-discuss] Four books submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:18:27 -0400

Hi you all four of these are up for grabs for your validating pleasure.  The
longest one is 145 pages.  All have been read through by me and edited as I
read.

The Appaloosa horse (Learning About horses)
Pelicans (Nature's Children)

Railway Ghosts and highway horrors

Cool book on ghosts that haunt the travel ways of the Americas and United
Kingdom.

Great Animals of the movies
From the Book Jacket:
Audiences love animals. Actors, however, would rather not share a scene with
animal stars. The animal always steals the scene and wins the hearts of the
audience in the process.
In his new book Great Animals of the Movies, Ed Edelson brings us into the
world of the greatest animal stars of the movies and of television. Stars
like Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, Flicka, Mr. Ed, Morris the Finicky Cat, Flipper,
and even make-believe animals like Bruce the man-eating shark of Jaws, King
Kong, Godzilla, and many more. We meet some of their trainers, and learn
some funny and charming anecdotes about these furry or not-so- furry animal
stars whom we know and love.
Edelson also gives the reader the inside behind-the-scenes story of how the
animals are taught to "act" and all about stunt animals, stand-ins, and even
the backstage gossip about the animals and their human costars. This is a
fun book for animal lovers and movie lovers too. The pictures are wonderful
and add more fun to this entertaining book.

Edward Edelson spends most of his working hours as  the science editor of
the New York Daily News, but he still manages to find the time to watch
plenty of movies. A graduate of New York University and, a Sloan-Rockefeller
Fellow in the Advanced Science Writing Program  at Columbia University,
Mr.   Edelson   now  lives   in Jamaica, New York, with his wife and three
children. His previous books include Great Monsters of the Movies, The  Book
of  Prophecy,   Visions  of Tomorrow, Funny Men of the Movies, Great   Movie
Spectaculars,   Tough Guys and Gals of the Movies, and Great Kids of the
Movies.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx