[bksvol-discuss] Four books just submitted

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith59@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:29:58 -0400

Hi all.

First the short version:

Enchantress by Lisa Jackson from the wish list

In Deep Voodoo by Stephanie Bond

Killing Time by Linda Howard from the wish list

Whiskey and Water by Elizabeth Bear use to be on the wish list

Three of these titles have different copyright names from the author.

Lisa Jackson copyrights as Susan Crose

Stephanie Bond copyrights as Stephanie Bond Hawk

Linda Howard copyrights as Linda Howington

Also, for some reason, the upload monster wouldn't accept the ISBN for
Killing Time which ends in an X.  I know I've uploaded other books
that end like that, but it wouldn't take this one.  I've double and
tripled checked it and the ISBN as recorded in the book is definitely
0-545-45345-X.  I uploaded with no ISBN, but if anyone down the line
can get this one inserted, it is correct.

More will be coming later this week, but here are the details on these four.

Enchantress by Lisa Jackson from the wish list

ENCHANTRESS is a special book that gives a glimpse into the beauty of
medieval Wales - a very magical place of castles, dark heroes, strong
women, fleet horses, and rumors of curses.
The heroine, Morgana of Llanwynn, is a beautiful, headstrong girl whom
many consider a sorceress. She's known to see into the future, a gift
she considers a curse. One night when the moon is high and the mist
rises off the sea, Morgana experiences a vision of darkness and
deceit. She sees a dark and deadly warrior appear and hears the omen
rushing in her ears: There will be death. It comes to the house of
Wenlock from the North.
Days later, Garrick of Abergwynn, the dark lord of a vast castle to
the north and the embodiment of the fierce warrior appears. Seductive
and brooding, he demands that Morgana help him locate his missing son.
Morgana is loath to trust this destroyer from the north. . . and yet
she finds it impossible to resist him.

In Deep Voodoo by Stephanie Bond

What do voodoo and love have in common?
Both involve strange rituals
Neither are for amateurs
If you aren't careful
someone will get hurt
You don't know what's hit you . .
until it's way too late

START WITH BAD MOJO . . .
There's something strange afoot in the small town of Mojo Louisiana.
Yet even as the annual voodoo festival gets underway, Penny Francisco,
who runs a health food business, refuses to believe in black magic.
Her mind is on celebrating her divorce from her lying, cheating
husband Deke.

ADD A PINPRICK OF REVENGE . . .Fueled by run-ins with her
ex-mother-in-law and Deke's busty mistress, Penny is eager for the
"emancipation party" her friend has plan. When she receives a Deke
voodoo doll as a gag gift, she sticks it with a pin as a joke. But
when Deke winds up fatally stabbed, the police aren't laughing

A junk-food junkie P.I. offers his services, an( <
although Penny is wary of the sexy Cajun's motives (and his diet),
she's desperate.
Dodging a media sideshow and a looming murder rap, Penny realizes that
somehow she's landed herself In Deep Voodoo.

Killing Time by Linda Howard from the wish list

Returning to the entrancing supernatural territory of her popular
novels Dream Man and Son of the Morning, New York Times bestselling
author Linda Howard has written a sizzling new novel that is her most
daring, exciting, and original yet.
In 1985, with much fanfare, a time capsule was buried under the front
lawn of a small-town county courthouse, to be reopened in 2085. But
just twenty years later, in the dead of night, the capsule is dug up,
its contents stolen. That same night one of the contributors to the
capsule is brutally slain in his home—with no sign of forced entry or
indication of a struggle. One by one, others who had placed items in
the time capsule are murdered. Besides his suspicions about the
sudden, mysterious appearance of Nikita Stover, the chief
investigator, Knox Davis, has absolutely no leads. And while Nikita's
no murderer, she seems to be hiding plenty of secrets. With more at
stake than anyone realizes, the smart-talking Nikita is determined to
catch this cunning killer—while at the same time, battling her own
deepening feelings for a man and for a world in which she doesn't
belong.

Whiskey and Water by Elizabeth Bear use to be on the wish list

I submitted this one once before but it was rejected for missing two
pages.  People, please let me know if such trivial problems occur in
my scans.  I always, always, as in never, ever, let go of a book until
it makes it all the way into the collection and I am more than willing
to fix any scanning errors!

Sequel to Blood and Iron-To stop Jane, Matthew must contend with Magi,
Fae, angels, untamed forces of nature, and an honest cop who thinks
Matthew himself is the killer. And in the end, he'll find

Now Campbell Award-winning author Elizabeth Bear delivers
Seven years ago, Matthew the Magi ended an age-old war. It only cost
him everything.
Matthew and his fellow Promethean Magi followed Jane Andraste into
Faerie to rescue her half-human daughter and destroy forever the power
of the Fae. But when Matthew discovered Jane's treachery, he betrayed
her, and the Promethean armies fell. Matthew lost his brother and his
mentor...and the lives of almost everyone else he knew.
Now Jane is recruiting a new army, and Matthew—his right hand
crippled, his power shattered—is the protector of New York City. So
when he finds a young woman brutally murdered by a beast almost
certainly Fae, it's his duty to bring her killer to justice before
Jane uses the crime to justify more war. To stop Jane, Matthew must
contend with Magi, Fae, angels, untamed forces of nature, and an
honest cop who thinks Matthew himself is the killer.

Enjoy!

Donna

donnafsmith59@xxxxxxxxx