[bksvol-discuss] Formatting question re ellipsis.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookkshare volunteer list" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 02:03:18 -0600

Hi Everyone!

I know we've had several discussions on this subject and don't wish to open
a Pandora's box again.... However, I'm wondering if there should still be no
spaces when you have a sentence with a period, plus and ellipsis?  I am
proofreading two books that have four periods, (an ellipsis followed by a
period). Should there be a space after the period? What's confusing is
whether the ellipsis actually occurs before the period or whether it occurs
after it. Hope that makes sense.

I'm asking because I want to be consistent; and be sure that I and the
Braille translator handle the situation correctly. *smile*

Thank you.

Blessings.

Lynnsky