[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:54:35 -0500

Hi Lissi and Paula,
I had to think about the spacing issue to get it straight in my head before
answering these. Lissi, I absolutely hate to tell you this after all the work
you've gone to on this validation. What happens is that tabs are completely
eaten and not replaced with even a space, and strings of spaces are all reduced
to one space. I don't know why this should be, but we had done some testing in
the past and that was what we'd figured out. Lissi, I wouldn't go back and take
the spaces out of your current project. Hopefully all the care you've taken on
the dashes will suffice to let readers know what's going on.
Kellie