[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if this is at all useful because I'm not
familiar with what you're using, but for what it's
worth...

After the tab informatin came out, someone complained
that the spaces were annoygin, whether to hear or to
feel in braille I;m not sure. I did a litte exploring
in Word and found that I can set paragraph indentation
in Paragraph in the Format file. I blacken the
document and make the indentations .2 or .3--I was
using .3 but now I'm using .2.  the only problem is
that for further indentations, like quotes, I have to
reset--I blacken the whole section after proofreading
it and reset the indentation to .5.

I haven't mentioned this before because in Lissi's
case, changing it for every piece of dialogue owuld be
annoying. That's a situation, though, Lissi, where
instead of indenting the regular paragraphs you might
want to skip lines between them. I seem to remember
that I had a book that used dashes instead of
quotations. I skipped lines between the paragraphs
instead of indenting and then used the dashes without
the indentations and it was easy to see what was being
said and what wasn't.