[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:39:30 -0500

One positive thing about Bookshare's formatting when it comes to poetry is
that, if the scanner knows how to get the right settings, original line
formatting can be kept. I mean, there can be hard line breaks where the
author intended them. In regular text that's usually a bad thing, but it's
quite important for poetry. It can also be important for things that have
line numbers used for reference, like some of my literature books had. I'm
not much of a poetry reader myself unless you want to count Chel
Silverstein. <lol> And I can't deal with poetry read by a speech
synthesizer, so if I have to hack my way through some I really need it in
braille.
Kellie