[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:25:32 -0700

Sorry, but I find the temptation irresistible:

I am sorry, Lissi, that you went through a great deal of work apparently to no
purpose.  But considering the double dash versus m dash discussion here
recently, it makes all that verbiage I read about how vital it is to preserve
every jot and tiddle of a book rather ridiculous, considering that the kind of
book you've been working on will look radically different after going through
the Braille translator than what the publisher and author intended.
"Flattened" is a good word for it.

I also have to agree with your statement that when you try to serve every need,
you serve none well.