[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Poetry

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:26:30 -0700

Hi Gary,

Generally, when the width of the page is the line-length limiting factor, the text on the next line is indented. This gets sticky when the poet indents lines for asthetic reasons as well. Sorry I can't give you an answer that will always be true.

Mayrie

At 11:31 PM 5/20/2008, you wrote:
I have a somewhat related question about poetry. When doing a poetry book, how does one know when lines break because the poet wants it or when they break because a page is only so wide?

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>