[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Poetry

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

If, in a book, the line of poetry is continued on the next line but indented,
and it does not begin with a capital letter, and not all the lines are like
that, I assume that it is just because of the page. With rare exceptions, poets
like e.e.cummings, for example, who uses no punctuation, a line of poetry will
begin with a capital letter even though it is not a new sentence.

As I remember. smile

G.Cindy