[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting?

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:51:01 -0800

Bob,

I would say that is the safest thing to do. The OCR can do weird things, but it can also do a fine job. So, it would be good if it put itallics and so on in the right place, that they aren't removed. If you find evidence that there are large chunks of text that are bold or underlined or italic, then it is easier to just remove all formatting from the whole book. It is not impossible for blind proofers to find the beginning and end of badly formatted chunks of text, but it is much easier for sighted proofers to do it.

Misha

On 1/26/2011 6:27 PM, Bob W wrote:
The first thing I do when prooffing, once I determine that the scannor hasn't formatted the chapters etc., is to change the entire book to times new roman 12 point.

I don't do anything to  change the bolding or underlining. Should I?

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>