[bksvol-discuss] Re: Format Frustration

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:22:21 -0500

Hi Monica,
Bookshare is being very careful to maintain good relationships with both the
Kurzweil and Openbook companies. If they allowed kes files and refused arc
files, they would probably be accused of playing favorites, despite the
practical differences between these file types. As for win, I agree
completely. In all the years I've been on this list, I haven't heard of
anyone with this program. It may be a wonderful program and create excellent
scans for all I know, but if the format is to be accepted it should be made
clear to submitters that it's very likely their books will take forever to
be accepted.

As for calling some books boring, you have the perfect right to an opinion.
<grin> We all have our favorite and least favorite subjects. I personally
find anything to do with economics so intolerably dull that forcing me to
validate books on the topic could be considered a form of torture light.
<lol> But I know that others on the list enjoy econ and find these books
valuable. So if I say I find them boring I'm not condemning them as useless,
it's just the statement of my opinion. I think it's ideal that people
validate whatever really captures their interest. That way the work goes
fastest and is the most fun.

I would really like to see Bookshare send out a letter recommending that
people submit in rtf unless there is a particular reason for submitting in
arc or kes.
Just my ramblings,
Kellie