[bksvol-discuss] Re: Format Frustration

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:03:31 -0400

Scott, you are partially correct. Openbook can retain images for viewing. These are not images that can be re-recognized as can be done with K1000. They are used primarily for viewing and probably for printing. The Freedom Scientific documentation on the web site makes it clear that these are not images for which OCR can be re-processed. I tried taking my ark files apart once to see if I could use a freestanding copy of FineReader on the images. It didn't work out very well. This is as far as I have gotten. If anyone here has figured out how to re-recognize these images, please let me know. I'll buy you chocolate!

Monica Willyard

On Thursday 9/14/2006 12:42 AM, you wrote:
Monica,

I believe Openbook can in fact retain images. If I'm not mistaken, the option that needs to be enabled is something like Keep Exact View, and it is located in the scanning settings dialog box. Well, I might even be wrong about the exact location, but I am pretty sure of its existence.

Scott