[bksvol-discuss] Re: For wish list: more books by Elie Weisel

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:55:02 -0400

I think it's silly to suggest that reading a word might be a risk to young readers. I suppose the hospitals are filled with young people who were severely injured by hearing a word on the street, which is something that nearly all of them do every day. Let's face it, the adult designation is not there to protect anybody. It is there for censorship.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the world"
Virginia Woolf

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: