[bksvol-discuss] Re: For what it's worth.

  • From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:51:07 -0500

Hi Sue.
No problem. I actually find that I have to explain a lot of my jokes.
Unfortunately, once I've finished most people find themselves more confused
than they originally were.

René Descartes was a fifteenth? century philosopher whose most famous
statement was "I think therefore I am."

So, when he walks into the bar and says "I think not" the listener is
supposed to infer "therefore, I am not" and poof he disappears.

Yeah, I know it's pretty lame.

If you want more information ask Scott. He's the one who started this by
calling me impulsive--or was it compulsive.

Bob

Bob (oops, I repeat myself)

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber." Aristotle