[bksvol-discuss] Re: For Speech Users

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:57:09 -0400

Oh, I should have mentioned that if you do have the foreign languages already
installed, then all you have to do is listen to what K1000 says as to whether
any particular language is checked or unchecked. It is unlikely that anything
other than English is checked. If you want it to recognize any other languages,
simply hit the space bar when you hear the name of the language you want as you
arrow up and down through the list. K1000 will then say that it is checked. If
you have K1000 set to speak a different message voice and reading voice, it
will speak the languages you have checked in the message voice and the ones you
have unchecked in the reading voice.

As I said, both recognition engines have very long lists of languages they
claim to be able to recognize if you install all those that are available. They
are listed alphabetically, but if you want a language starting with a specific
letter, you don't have to keep arrowing up or down until you reach it. You can
hit the first letter of the language you want and it will jump to the part of
the list of languages beginning with that letter.

Evan