[bksvol-discuss] Re: Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:24:01 -0700

Hi, Jamie, Bookshare is weird because if you're conducting a simple search,
you have to enter the author's name first name first and last name last.
Example, if you wrote a book and it got into the Bookshare collection, I
couldn't enter your name as "Yates, Jamie", I'd have to search for your book
by entering "Jamie Yates". It seems that's the way Bookshare still does
things. I haven't had any difficulty conducting simple searches using this
method. Maybe what I'm saying is something you know already and you may have
tried this. I don't know. Now, of course, when you are browsing to see
what's in the collection, Authors' names are entered for the most part last
name first followed by the first name, etc. I don't know what the engineers
at Bookshare are going to do about that one. Good luck to you on this one,
regards, Kim.

  _____