[bksvol-discuss] Re: First time proofreading

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:49:12 -0600

Hi Roger!

When I was really green at this proofreading, I did a replace all that was too aggressive and immediately saved it. It was easier to start over, so thankfully, I hadn't gotten to far into the book. I just find it more convenient to have a pristine copy of the downloaded file on my hard drive rather than having to go to the web site again to the download page. Either way works, so it's just a personal thing.

Debby

At 06:16 PM 12/20/2009, Roger Loran Bailey wrote
What is the point of being so careful to save the original file if you can just go to your checked out books page and click the RTF link to download it again whenever you might need it? It makes a lot more sense to me to save a copy of your latest edited version to fall back on. "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com