[bksvol-discuss] Finding something in the manual - ha!

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:03:56 -0500

I wanted to check the procedure for footnotes, so I went to the volunteer
manual online.  Could I find any reference to footnotes in the proofreader
section?  Of course not!  Could I use the search function at the top of
the page?  No!  Did every little move take a couple minutes before
anything came back?  Sure!
The online manual is a pretty frustrating experience, as it has been for
quite a while.
I am using an older version of Jaws, but so what. This manual shouldn't be
such a pain.  Why does it have to be so difficult to find some info
quickly?  It leads me to figure that it's way more trouble than it's
worth, and just take my best guess.
Grumble grumble grumble.
Tracy