[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding bad pages

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:46:19 -0500

Look for the tab character.  Before you know it,  you will a whole clump
of them on those bad pages.

G.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/11/2004 01:14 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Finding bad pages

I have a delemna, and wondering if there is a way to find the pages I am
seeking without reading the entire book again.

I edited Lassie Come-Home over vacation and found two pages that needed
replacing.  Now I am back at my scanner and got the book back from the
library to fix some, I can't remember one of the pages.  One was so bad,
that definitely needed rescanning, the other could pass as readable, but
not
related to the rest of the book.

I have taken these files out of the KES format, saved them in rtf and
edited
them on the BN, so now, how can I find the partially mangled page fairly
quickly?

Got any ideas?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.