[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding and Using E-book Resources

  • From: Ali Al-hajamy <aalhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:02:57 -0400

Hmmm. I never thought of that, though I suppose it's possible if there's sufficient interest. There are certain parts which can't be transcribed, such as the live demo of QRead, since that will require me to write down everything the screenreader says. Maybe someone could take notes on exactly what we talked about, and sum up what we said about each resource without having to type out every word spoken? That would be easier, especially since the presentation could go for up to two hours. I doubt it will, but CAVI's allotted time slot for presentations is from 21:00 to 23:00 Eastern time.

On 15-Apr-12 19:55, Sue Stevens wrote:
How about Braille only users? Is anyone transcribing the session? I'm half joking here because that would be very difficult.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Ali Al-hajamy
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:49 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding and Using E-book Resources

Yes. We probably should have mentioned that, but the recording will go
up on cucat.org within a day or two for those who can't come, and I'm
sure Monica or I will be able to send out a direct link to the lists.

On 15-Apr-12 19:46, Susan Lumpkin wrote:
Will anyone be recording tonight's presentation Monica? Thanks.

Susan