[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding a copyright

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:57:49 -0500

I agree that most books do have a copyright notice, but I really have found those that do not. These books don't have a copyright symbol either. I would see that, or some junk that would replace it if it were there. For books I have scanned that didn't have a copyright I also have the confirmation of my husband that there is nothing anywhere in the book that could be considered the copyright notice. Still they say that it is not legal to reproduce the book in any form without permission from the publisher. Some of them even have ISBN numbers and library of congress cataloguing information.
Just don't assume the scanner necessarily messed up if you some day find a book without the word or symbol meaning copyright.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity