[bksvol-discuss] Re: Filter for Duplicates?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:25:10 -0400

I suspect different editions will be considered different books, Roger, if, in fact, they contain different content. Until we can somehow identify the books in questions though, there will be no way to check on these different editions. So any time somebody comes up with such a book, please post the title here and somebody can figure out by checking the books themselves if these are different editions with different content or just duplicates with the same content which somebody entered as the same book. My point was that the system itself seems to have no way of flagging such titles so that such a check by hand can be made on questionable titles.

So we are going to have to watch out for them ourselves and alert staff.
Elizabeth