[bksvol-discuss] Re: File Format Clarification

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:26:08 -0500

Hi all,

Dave, you are right for the most part. When I said universal, that is exactly what I meant. HTML and RTF cannot be displayed by some equipment and by the oldest computers. However, a TXT file can be read by anything from a versabraille II to a Windows computer running Vista, cellularphones, and any OS from Comodore64 to Linux to Unix to Apple to Windows to DOS. Most of these can read html and rtf, but not all.

<smiling> However for the purposes of this discussion, RTF is the most universal code needed. It can be read by any commonly used computer or notetaker.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring