[bksvol-discuss] Re: Feeling like a fool!

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 17:13:54 -0800

Hi Valerie,

        Your italics should have been preserved.  This particular issue
needs to be reported.

        I'm sorry that you didn't know that everything would be left
justified.  I thought you knew that.  The paragraph set up is supposed to be
determined by the reader of the book and his or her chosen adaptive
software.  XML files will have a blank line between paragraphs, but if you
want that blank line to be noted in the daisy or braille file, it needs to
be replased with three asterisks.

        Italics should be kept by bookshare's tools, and reported if they
haven't been.  Bold should be kept by bookshare's conversion tools, and
reported if it hasn't been.  But page set up adaptations have always
disappeared.  I wish we'd somehow been more clear in explaining that to you.
I'm sorry you wasted time and energy.  I'm so sorry.

 Mayrie