[bksvol-discuss] Re: Favor - Book in collection I can't get to download

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 05:11:02 -0700

Hi, bob and Judy, I once had a problem with The Joy of Cooking. The problem
was I couldn't get to the end of the book after I'd pasted it in my
BrailleNote. Also I think the pagination for this book may have been screwy.
Mind you, maybe that's because the print pages had so much on them that the
Braille page numbers would be at least 3 or 4 to 1 print page. I don't know
if my observation was correct, but so it was. What you might have to do is
chop up the files into different parts to make the book manageable, much as
Braille books are separated into volumes. You might have to do that for this
one. Create different documents calling them 2009 Writers Guide vol. 1, etc.
Hope this helps. I hope Bookshare will let you do that. Regards, Kim
Friedman.