[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fair Quality Scans: No Longer Accepted

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:04:04 -0500

Hi all,

G. Cindy, <smiling>, the fact that Pratik is up at 04:00 indicates that either he suffers from insomnia or that he is a geek of the first water. It is a well known fact that many people who are blind suffer from insomnia. Also, geeks are notorious for keeping odd hours. I know geeks who commonly operate at 02:00 or 03:00 in the morning on a regular basis.

<smiling> I suspect that Pratiks reasons for being up at 04:00 are a combination of the two reasons.

Just as an asside, they've done studies that show that folks who are totally blind, and who have no light perception, commonly have sleep disorders. It's something about not being able to see the light. I, fortunately, still have light perception, so am not bothered by insomnia, or at least not often. I'm not a geek, so I don't have that excuse either. So, I keep regular hours, although I tend to get up at 05:00 or 06:00 and go to bed about 22:00.

Ann P.