[bksvol-discuss] FW: Raw books, was Quick Processing

  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:04:03 -0700

Thanks: I appreciate people checking out Pickles, Peaches and Chocolate,
and I'm glad that my understanding is continuing to get better on this.
The stripper is doing what it was designed to do, turn page numbers into
DAISY tags, but these get lost on the conversion to BRF, and some
conversions using the DAISY format to start.

On Mike's raw file idea: we are limited by Chafee to disability-specific
formats.  So, that's why you only see DAISY and BRF on our web site.  I
think Shelley picked up on that with her suggestion that these "raw"
files be in DAISY or BRF.  I think it's worth more thought: I'll copy
this thread to the engineering team.

My dream is to keep a single file that is the base file, but that it can
output the stuff people want.  You might achieve that with a DAISY-fied
file where the stripped information was buried in a tag that normally
doesn't display, but could be teased back out because it was hidden, not
stripped.  But, I haven't kicked that around with the team.

Jim