To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 7:50 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Extremely sad news to the Bookshare.org community

My G**!

What a shock!! He's so young!! And I just noticed that
52 books so far today have been added to the
collection (including Agatha Raisin and the vegetarian
cookbook and the Lost Tales.). I thought he was busily
working.

We come to know each other to some extent here, and
even though Gustavo doesn't post very often,
corresponding with him directly and meeting him at
CSUN makes his passing seem like personal loss.

My  symnpathies to everyone.

Cindy

- Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I inform you
that Gustavo
Galindo passed away suddenly yesterday.  Gustavo was
the Site Manager
for Bookshare.org, and was the foundation of our
Bookshare.org team.  He
was involved in the rapid growth of our collection
over the last four
years through personally approving each book being
added.  Gustavo was
fierce in his dedication to serving people with
print impairments while
getting it right, by taking our commitments to
publishers and authors
seriously.  He had a formidable intellect, and his
insights,
understanding and sense of humor will be sorely
missed by our team.

We can honor Gustavo's commitment to access and
books by doing our best
to bring more books to more people with print
disabilities around the
world.

Jim

Jim Fruchterman

President and CEO

Benetech

480 California Avenue, Suite 201

Palo Alto, California 94306 USA

New direct line: +1 650 644-3406

Fax: +1 650 475-1066

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx

www.benetech.org <http://www.benetech.org/>

The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving
Humanity

Benetech is a nonprofit organization