[bksvol-discuss] Re: Euginia Price books

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:11:55 -0500

I agree wtih you Guido.

I'll give it a bit of time for Sharon to contact me but if not soon, its getting nuked. I really hate doing this, but for me, getting a great quality book isn't too hard, because I"ll spend an hour or two fixing a book for a while, but if I go through the thing finding lots of garbled pages, its kind of annoying to read. On the onverse, I've read books with a good rating that I enjoyed.

Ner
At 12:28 PM 6/22/2004, you wrote:

97.8 accuracy means an error rate greater than 2%. That combined with chars missing towards the spine make the book almost decyphrable but virtually unreadable. I strongly suggest the book be nuked.

Guido

Guido D. Corona IBM Accessibility Center, Austin Tx. IBM Research, Phone: (512) 838-9735 Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx> Sent by: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

06/22/2004 11:56 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Euginia Price books

I believe Sharon Jackson uploaded some of the books by Euginia Price. I don't know if it is the case for all the books, but I've just gotten Bright Captivity, a romance novel <sigh>, and there are many many characters missing near the spine of the book. I'll get the other ones and see if this is the case as well, but it might be easier to rescan this book rater than editing it. K1k reports 97.8 percent accuracy. Can Sharon contact me to see what the bestthing to do with it is?

Ner

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com