[bksvol-discuss] Re: Epson Scanners, does anyone know them?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 06:48:40 -0400 (EDT)

Lots of folks have reported good things about the 3170 and the 4180 which
happens to be the scanner I own.
I believe that the 4180 is a newer model which accounts for its higher
price tag.
Check to see if you are talking about new and/or refurbished models and
warranties.
The 1670 is from an older Epson series.
Epson typically retires a particular scanner model within 18-24 months or
so of issuance.
I, as an example, bought the 4180 last October for $199 at Staples (list
was $249) and picked up a 2nd one on sale at Staples late in the winter
for $149.