From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:43 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Epson Issues

Hi guys,

Could use some help here.
I just got an Epson scanner.  I installed it as well as K1000 version 9.
Sounds like a good set up right?  I'm good to go right?  Nope.  Not
happening.

I've tried a lot of things including Kursweil tech support.  Nothing seems
to help for long.  If I get it working, it will go back to not once I
reboot.  No one seems to know what's up.  The scanner was installed
correctly so far as I can tell.  I've checked the drivers, seemingly fine.
Kursweil seems to recognise it, or at least it is listed as the scanner
under settings.  However, when I go to scan, it frreezes up Kursweil.  I
don't get an error message, no dialogue box, no scan failed message, just
nothing.  I can't get Kursweil to talk for anything after a scan atempt.  I
don't know what's on the screen, I just know that nothing I try to type
seems to have any effect, including an alt f4.  The only way I can even get
K1000 to shut down is to reboot my comp.  The tech support individual at
Kursweil had me delete my default settings file.  That seemed to work, for a
while, until I restarted my comp that is.  My scanner seems fine because it
can be run through the scanners own software called the Epson Smart Pannel.
I think it's something between Kursweil and the scanner.  I know Epsons work
with Kursweil however because everyone else who  has an Epson seems to be
able to get it to work.

So, what's going on?  Help guys!  I'm out of ideas.  Anyone with any Epson
experience wanna help me out here?  All tips are appreciated.  I was really
excited to use all the new stuff, and suddenly I find I'm really missing my
old slow Cannon scanner and Kursweil version 8!

Thanks,
Allison.

alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx