[bksvol-discuss] Re: Empire Falls, and a validating practice question

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:27:04 -0800

Without prior approval, I felt that adding the word CHAPTER would be altering the book. As a matter of fact, the chapter numbers were so large in Mohawk that they didn't scan at all and had to be filled in. I hope PART ONE and PART TWO were also present as they had to be filled in for the same reason as well. I still even feel a little uncomfortable when moving page numbers from the bottom to the top of the page since that too is really tampering. Just more reasons why we really need direction from Bookshare. Rick, I will let you know if and when Empire Falls is aproved. Also have you read The Risk Pool. It is also by Richard Russo and is on the Bookshare list.