[bksvol-discuss] Re: Elizabeth and Mary

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

Guido,

What is "palynsest?" Is it a real word or did you make
it up?

I have a list of words new to me from Cloud Atlas that
I've been compiling. A couple I looked up--did find
them in the dictionary. "Terraqueaous" I should have
figured out from its parts. I was thinking of  posting
these words for people to have fun with while they
waited for the book, but then thought I'd wait.
However, now I will. Below is a list, although I
haven't quite finished the book --hope to by the end
of the week. I'm curious to know how many of them you,
Guido, and Pratik might know without having to look
them up. I thought I had a good vocabulary, but I
discovered it wasn't as extensive as I thought. smile.

Cindy

Some vocabulary  words from Cloud Atlas:

simulcrums
cindery
circumvallated
sheog