[bksvol-discuss] Re: Elegible books for bookshare

  • From: Candice Attrill <candicat87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:52:16 -0400

I cirtainly hope this is not true for the reasons that Kim
statedabove. What would be defined as accessible? What's accessible to
you or me might not be accessible to every blind person due to
disability. For example there are allot more audio books available
from NLS than braille books, and even the daisy versions of these
books could not be read by a deaf blind person unless they have some
remaining hearing and a loop. RFB and D dispight many arguments also
does not make the text of a book match up with audio so it could be
read on a braille display.
Candice