[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing books with Braille Note.

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:19:43 -0400

I hope I understand your question. Here is what I do.

If you have more questions, just let me know.

I download the book to a directory on my computer. I open the file with k1000 and do rank spelling. If it is kes format I then do a "save as" and turn it into an rtf.

I have a card reader on my computer. If you do not have one built in, you can buy one which hooks into your USB port. The compact flash drive then comes up as a disk under "my computer" or Windows Explorer.

So all I do is copy the file from the directory on my c drive to my compact flash card.

Now I open it on the braillenote and read the book.

When I save the book on the compact flash drive, I answer "no" when closing the file so the braillenote does not save it as a keyword file.

When I am done editing, I copy the file back to my hard drive.

I then upload from my hard drive to the validation queue.

I avoid downloading or uploading directly from my compact flash card. I think fewer errors occur if using the hard disk rather than the compact flash card for uploads and downloads.

Hope this helps.

E.