[bksvol-discuss] Re: Editing books with Braille Note.

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:56:09 -0500

The first time I said no to having it save the file as a Keyword file it erased my original, and it was an extremely long book! I'd read the first five chapters so now I'll have to reread them again and fix all the errors I'd run across the first time, which weren't many but I'll still have to fix them! I always put my files onto a CF card and work with the rtf files, just saying yes to saving it as a Kwyword file but basically ignoring the Keyword file and working with the RTF and resaving after I fix errors.

MissWings

At 12:50 AM 5/22/2008, E. wrote:

I use a braillenote. I always work with the rtf file itself.

This means I answer no when closing the document on the braillenote.

Always always use a card rather than the flash disk. The card is far more stable.

I have validated over 500 books using them in rtf on the braillenote. I always copy the file to another directory after closing it so I have an extra copy.

Very occasionally the braillenote destroys the rtf file by troncating it and I have to use my backup.

If you make backups like this you will save most of your validating work even if the file troncates.

E.