[bksvol-discuss] Re: Duplicate copy of Last Express

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:39:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Shelley, Gentle Gustavo, and Janice.

I checked the copy of The Last Express on the New
Books List, i.e., I clicked on the title. It's
supposedly Excellent, and was submitted by Karin
Mitchell.

I don't mind that one going into the collection
instead of the one I corrected, which I think Gustavo
put on the download list for me--or did you re-scan
it, Shelley? Karin can use the submission credits and
I cannot.

But Gustavo, similar situations can occur, if you
can't find a way to approve (or not) the books that
have been sitting in the queue for months and months.
Other people who can use the credits can be denied
them because people who don't know the books have
already been scanned and validated scan and validate
anew, and then they'll get the credit--or if they
don't and you give the credits to the original people
who did the work, the new submitters will be denied
credit. In either case, people have spent time and
energy doing work that ends up being useless.

Jake and/or Gerald, can't you help engineering find a
way for Gustavo to start at the beginning of the queue
instead of approving the most recent books first?