[bksvol-discuss] Re: Downloading and Uploading Different Formats

  • From: "Sharon Jackson" <dolly1025@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:11:27 -0400

Pratick,

Thank you for the explanation.

Sharon
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:48 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Downloading and Uploading Different Formats

Sharon,

The reasoning behind having RTF at the end of the process is to ensure that
it is easy for bookshare to convert to its needed format easily.
Bookshare's filters can support RTF quite easily but do not support other
proprietary formats such as KES or ARK. It's easier to ask volunteers to
convert material into a standard format when they complete validating than
atempting to program more filters. As you can tell from recent discussions,
their time is quite taken up with other projects.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director
Office of Special Services