[bksvol-discuss] Re: Download problem

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:00:09 -0500

Okay, this was a big one Cindy, but I think I have the answer.

When you used to get the choice of downloading or saving a file, there was also a checkbox that said something like "don't ask me this again". The wording might have been a little different, I don't remember. Anyway, for some reason this checkbox got unchecked.

Here's what you need to do. You should only need to do it once.

1. Bring up windows explorer by pressing windows+e, and then press enter on the Folder Options on the Tools menu. In other words, press alt+t then up arrow once to folder options. 2. Click the File Types tab, click a specific file type (for example, bks bookshare.org file) in the Registered file types box, and then click Advanced. 3. Click to clear the Confirm open after download check box, and then click OK.

Note This setting does not take effect for limited user accounts, but I doubt you have a limitted user account.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the challenge--this was a good one.
Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>