[bksvol-discuss] Re: Download Stats

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

But then, Mike, perhaps they (i,e, those people who
scan for themselves and don't fix them before
submission) shouldn't submit them.  They get $2.50
credit toward their membership, and the work, or lack
of it they do, isn't worth it --whereas if anyone
bothers to validate those books and fix them, that
person only gets 50 cents credit and does much more
work.  I don't know whether, if a person's submission
is rejected, that person still gets the credit for the
submission or not. In some cases, the book may not be
rejected for quite some time, so I suspect it would be
hard to take away the credit.
    It seems to me that if a person is scanning books
for  his/her own pleasure reading and doesn't care
about making it at least minimally readable for other
people he/she shouldn't submit the book.

Cindy

> (2)  Many people scan books for themselves for their
> own reading as a
> primary intent.  Submitting it to BookShare is a
> secondary intent.
> Hence, the person doesn't wish to devote
> extra time or effort in preparing the book
> and BookShare receives it "as is."
>
> Both are valid approaches to scanning and
> sub hence, we
> shouldn't fault submitters for material submitted
> prepared for their own
> use that they wish to share (hence the name
> BookShare).
> And with literally hundreds of romance novels
> published monthly, and if
> someone wanted to read many of them for themselves,
> I can understand
> why they'd take the fast unchecked approach to
> scanning them for
> themselves.

Yahoo! Mail