[bksvol-discuss] Doris Mortman submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:10:30 -0500

Hi, all.

I have just uploaded The Wild Rose by Doris Mortman to step one. Page breaks
have been protected. Common scannos and headers have been removed. If you have
any questions, contact me at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here is the synopsis:

From the old world elegance of Budapest to the opulence of Manhattan and the
glittering capitals of Washington, London, and Paris, comes a magnificent story
of love and danger, passion and heart-stopping intrigue... Katalin and Steven:
even as children in Hungary, they has shared a special bond. Then tragedy
struck, cruelly tearing them apart. they would grow up separated by an ocean
and an iron curtain... together only in their hearts. Now, after years of
work and hardship, Steven has forged a new life in a new land, rising from the
coal mines of Kentucky to the corridors of power to become the man who has
everything-except the one thing he longs for the most... Now, Katalin has won
fame as an internationally acclaimed pianist with an adoring public, a brilliant
future, and a handsome, powerful husband. Yet night after night, she gives her
most stung performance offstage-when she escapes her barren marriage to
lead a dangerous double life... and now, Katalin and Steven have found each
other once again-only to discover that walls of deceit still keep them apart.
and for Katalin-called The Wild Rose for breathtaking beauty, her defiant
spirit, and her unquenchable thirst for freedom-the moment has come when she
must risk everything for the man who meant more to her than life itself.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale