[bksvol-discuss] Re: Domo Arregato Mister Robotto?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:30:29 EST

As a former computer programmer, I wonder if you have ever painfully given
birth to a piece of software and had to suffer its ingratitude forever more.
Did
you become miffed when it did not call you on holidays? Were you disappointed
when it got involved in the wrong digital crowds? And, of course, were you
aghast when it married another software that was beneath your standards?

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Domo Arregato Mister Robotto?
Date:
1/20/2009 12:06:10 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

<lol> Roger. As a former computer programmer I've met a lot of rude binary
bits.

However, Larry's point is quite correct. A minor "your operation was
successful, press ok to return to the check out page"" comment would do just
fine.

Then, of course, there are the esthetics of the whole thing. I'll bet if we
were the department of education instead of mere volunteers we would get a
hardy
"thank you", and maybe even a "praise the Lord" for our efforts. But that's
just speculation on my part.

Bob

block quote