[bksvol-discuss] Did the letter R cost the approval of a book?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 04:33:46 -0400

Dear Volunteer friends

I believe it was last Thursday that I uploaded a book which I haven't seen in
the collection yet.

I'd like to explain the possible cause and maybe some of you who use jaws when
you upload can advise me of what I should have done differently.

The only mistake I was aware of occurred in the very first field on page one of
the form where we write the Title of the book. Very carefully I checked that
every word was there in the  Long Title. As I listened to jaws read it
everything sounded correct but at the end of the title the computer said r. It
sounded as if the R was at the far right side of the field. I tried putting the
cursor on it and using the delete key at the bottom of the num pad. I couldn't
make the r disappear. I tried to check visually, but I couldn't find it. I'm
only seeing print, size 28 new Roman, so the r might have been visible and just
not to me.

The copyright was correct as well as the ISBN. All pages and page breaks were
present.

So, I put in my comments that the title was correct except for a letter r
separated from it by several spaces which I was unable to delete. I asked if he
would please delete this single unrelated letter making the title correct. I
assured Gustavo or whoever was checking the upload, that the Gaelic had been
checked letter by letter and that the requirements were otherwise met,
including the pressence of all pages, page breaks, copyright information and
accurate ISBN.

Is there anything else you can suggest that I can do to keep this book from
getting buried?

Always with love,

Lissi