[bksvol-discuss] Re: Desiree

I wonder just how many other books have fallen through the cracks??  Let's
hope there aren't too many of them!

----- Original Message -----
From: <socly@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 6:19 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Desiree

> Louise, I know you mentioined  that you had the paperback book  back when
Sarah said she had the hardbound. At that time you both offered to
> scan it. I had bought from the used-book store the hardbound, and I
thought the three of us had agreed that she was going to scan that one.

> The author's name is Selinko. I put Desiree into the download list and got
nothing, so I I tried the author's name and got Sarah's version. It turns
> out that hers doesn't show up under title because she put in all the
accent marks, and they had to be there to find it on the download list.

> But I just checked the download list and the collection, and Marissa's
list, both by title with and without the accent marks and by your spelling
of
> the author's name and I didn't find the book. If someone else is
validating I'll not start. I have something else --maybe two things -- I
have to fix
> first.
>
> But I wonder what happened to the book? If someone is validating it, it
should be on Marissa's list, unless they downloaded it since she posted
> it, as I have. If it's been validated, it should be in the collection.
That seems to be the third book missing, counting the one Shelley is
rescanning
> and the one I'm supposed to be fixing, 100 Women . . . I wonder if a
bookworm is actually eating these things (grin).

> Cindy
>
> P.S. I'm going to write you directly, too. I'd have written this to you
directly but in case someone has your copy of the book I wanted to post
here.

Silenko,
> > but the gbook on the download page was spelled Selinko or something like
> > that.  Whoever does the final validation for approval might want to
verify
> > the spelling of the author's last name.  Thanks.

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp
?SRC=lycos10