[bksvol-discuss] Re: DAISY headers question

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 20:54:46 EDT

I use JAWS and have had no problem with the quality report form.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: DAISY headers question
Date:
8/3/2009 7:31:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Alright, can do.

I started out asking how to fix some typos in Atlas Shrugged (which
was part of the main collection) and was told to contact Carrie.  I
did so, had to fill out the volunteer application and wait a bit.

I now have the book checked out, and what appears to be a complete RTF
file.  As part of what I am doing I want to fix the headers, which I
think has been described well enough.  As far as I know the book is
not currently part of the main collection, due to Carrie's
intervention.

I tried using the book quality report page, but found it to be too
much trouble with JAWS.  The form fields weren't labeled in a way jaws
could find them and such.

I use FS Reader, it just arrived a few days ago.  Before that I used
the Victor Reader from the bookshare website, but had been extremely
unhappy with the product.

Does that answer your questions?

On 8/3/09, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, I'm totally confused.  Did you already get the book resubmitted to
the
> "check out a book" page by Carrie or some other staff?  I know this
thread
> has been going on for a few days, and I'm sorry that I don't remember
> everything that has happened with this book.  The only place you get an
rtf
> file is from the "check out a book" page where books are available for
> proofreading. Anything you download from the bookshare collection that
would
> have been done by an outsourcer is in either daisy or brf format.  So,
could
> you catch us up on what the heck has gone on so far, please?  I'm sorry
I've

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx