[bksvol-discuss] Re: Currently scanning

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:25:18 -0500

Hi Kim,

That's a good question! I love both authors and I would be very hard pressed
to choose between them.
I have heard Rutherfurd described as a "poor man's Michener." Maybe because
Rutherfurd uses the same format for his sweeping stories as Michener--I
don't know.

Have you read either or both authors? My favorite Michener books are The
Source and The Covenant, and my favorite of Rutherfurd's books are Sarum and
the two books of the Dublin Saga (The Princes of Ireland and The Rebels of
Ireland).

Deborah