[bksvol-discuss] Re: Curious

  • From: Ali Al-Hajamy <aalhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:12:56 -0400

Generally, the voice that comes with the software will try its best to
pronounce the word, no matter how incomprehensible. This can sometimes
lead to blind people mispronouncing important words because they are
made up and their screenreader doesn't say them right. As was
previously mentioned, the pronounciation can be changed by typing in a
misspelling that does sound right into the screenreader. On very rare
ocasions, certain combinations of letters will crash the reader,
because it simply can't process them, meaning we need to restart the
program.