[bksvol-discuss] Re: Crueger books again

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:32:02 -0500

Hi G. Cindy,

Well, my English copy has just Arabic numbers for the chapters, or ought to since that is what is on page 1. There is a prologue, I think, but it's not labeled as such. Very odd book. I am having just the most wonderful time with Henry And Beezus one of the Beverly Cleary books, while I'm waiting to hear from the submitter of the Krueger book. I haven't laughed so hard in ages! Lord, were times ever *that* innocent? It reminds me of the Booth Tarkington books! They're such fun. They're outdated and the language is 1920s but they are the kind of book that gets you laughing right outloud. It's a good thing it isn't summertime. My neighbors would think about calling the white van to come and take me away! I know now why I still like Leave It To Beaver. Kids are so fun, especially if they're in books and they aren't yours! I don't know how parents cope!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring